Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dreaming of Spring...


While walking in the garden last Summer I came upon this leaf with a perfect caterpillar loveheart eaten out of it. Still makes me smile even though the Winter chill is here.


The girls and I are counting down the days until Spring. I'm tempted to get the sunflower seeds going but know that its still a little bit early. Patience grasshopper!

Had a lovely week this week with visitors from overseas. Isabel and Beatrice, daughters of our friend Christine who runs the incredible School of Hope in Tijuana, came to visit our sleepy little town. we took them to see the sights of Jervis Bay and did the tourist thing in Sydney.
We had so much fun and really enjoyed getting to know the girls better :)




This amazing fossil was at Stony Creek in Jervis Bay...sticking out of the sandstone with its centre completely crystalised...probably millions of years old...such a special treat!











2 comments:

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

That leaf is so wonderful. What a great find. Love is everywhere hey?

Tracy Verdugo said...

Isn't it just Cathy? I have another one somewhere of a piece of watermelon that one of the kids had thrown onto the grass. Several hours later I returned to find that the ants had eaten it into a perfect love heart...I'll see if i can find it. Have a blissful day!
Tracy x