Sign up to my Newsletter!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feelgood Friday

What makes you feel good? Like really good?? What gives you that little buzz in your tummy and makes you smile or giggle even when no one else is around. Sitting here thinking about the things i could blog about on Friday and this is what came to mind. Perfect!! Would love to hear what makes you feel good too xo

Here are some of mine..............told through the evolution of a painting :)

Starting a painting from a place of freedom and with no expectations
mmmmm that makes me feel good.........



Playing around with darks and lights and shapes while still feeling loose and playful..that really feels good!



Staying fluid and open to all possibilities feels fantastic...Wait is that an owl peeking out at me?



beginning to make decisions but still happy to let the painting tell the story..that feels good too....



Being brave enough to turn something upside down, even when you think its done and dusted, find a new story and a fresh way of looking at things and make the bold choice to create something entirely new...that feels fantastic!!



I know my little owl is still in there, only now he's doing a headstand amongst the flowers instead of sitting calmly on a branch :)

Wishing you all a fabulous Feelgood Friday that stretches on through the whole weekend and beyond!
lotsa love
Tracy xoxox

9 comments:

Holly Eva Gay said...

amazing.

Barbara Nigg said...

Wow Tracy! Not only is the painting just stunning - to see the evolution is really amazing! Thanks for that treat! I had to really keep going back and forth to each painting to check...is it really the same one! That excites me because I love the surprises that come from taking creative risks!

What makes me feel good is taking a whole day off - not planning to - just deciding in the moment - everything else can really wait - I need to wander and get completely carried away in the beauty of what comes my way! Yesterday was one of those and I followed my heart through the streets of Zurich's old city with new eyes - I came home so excited and recharged that all the things I put off to do that, were sorted this morning already! : )

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Tracy, I only just realised that the painting was one of your owls from the workshop. When you told me the painting had the owl standing on it's head I thought you were talking about a different one. That is so fabulously brave I just love it. Completely and utterly love it. I'm actually a bit floored by that level of bravery. It can only take you to amazing places.

By the way, did you get my email? Hoping it didn't get lost in the ether. Hoping it's more a case that you just haven't had time to respond. However, if you didn't get an email from me earlier in the week let me know and I'll resend.

Have a lovely, relaxing and creative weekend.

Jeanette [Maisy] House said...

I love your work! It's so vibrant and cheerful and FREE :))

Diane said...

This is what makes me smile this morning!
:)
:)
:)

Patti said...

Your blog makes me smile. Love the painting and thanks for sharing the process.

Emakesart said...

Wow! What a wonderful, vibrant painting!! Thank you for sharing your process, I love that!

xoEsther

schererart said...

Lovely work!!!

Karen H said...

Surprises and discoveries are what so it for me. A lot like your blog entry here. Thanks so much for sharing xx