Sign up to my Newsletter!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Inspiration is Endless or Paint and Possibilities!


Good morning my beautiful bloggy friends!

So much to share today...its been a bit of a whirlwind these past couple of weeks with new possibilities opening up everywhere...I'm absolutely thrilled to have been accepted to teach at Art Is in Sydney 2012 and also my first international teaching gig at Art Is in Petaluma, California in Sept 2012...somebody pinch me!!!!Anyways I'm still kinda processing all of that but will post more later...today I just wanted to share some tips with you on inspiration and the endless possibilities of finding inspiration in your own works..even ones you don't think were very successful!
This morning I took 3 images of paintings that no longer exist, meaning I've painted over them, added to them cos' I didnt really think they were working OR I was just playing around anyways and not looking for a finished product BUT each one of them had elements I really LOVED....enter my trusty computer!!!



with this first image I really was just playing around having fun and now it has all kinds of other layers over it now but there were things about it that I loved...here's what you do...just open your image in whatever editing software you love..I used Picasa to rotate and find these images from the larger work....



What is that strange creature falling from the sky?



an elephant in front of her house?



a cool abstract with great composition and colour!



I actually didn't mind this little painting but one night in a fit of "not good enoughedness" I tried to fix what I thought was wrong with it..now its gone ...forever, but lets see what can come now....


The original image




Oh I like that composition!



or you could invert the colours...I seriously have no idea how to use Photoshop..its on my endless list of things to learn but I figured out just now how to invert the colours and wow, now a whole other bunch of possibilities have opened up! Try it!



heres the little vase cropped in



and here it is in blue with a sunset behind..amazing!!



I painted this one in Feb trying to channel the amazing Miss Flora Bowley..this was before Flora actually came and stayed at my house and shared with us her wonderful soulful style and techniques in April...after this I didnt love it so much and right now this work is in my studio with paint splattered over it ready to be reworked.....once again there are bits that I love..



I loved this little elephant but wasnt sure what he was doing there...he looks so much better as the centre of attention :)



or cute in blue with that curious bird peeking in....



Heres another section...



or inverted colours again


getting the picture?? The possibilities really are endless aren't they..now what to do with them..if you sell prints of your artworks you have instant new images to share..fantastic leveraging of your art or you can do what I'm going to do and use these images as starting points for a whole host of new original works...or do both!!
Be sure to check back in a couple of weeks or sign up and follow my blog for more ideas on how to make the most of your creative life...until next time....wishing you hugs, rainbows and creative bliss
Tracy ♥♥♥

















14 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Tracy - I love your zest for life - I loved this post - All the colors, the colors you changed to make a totally new picture - Oh, and I am slowing learning Photoshop, as well - I have learned alot, but I still have so much to learn! Continue to make us smile with your inspiration!
~Kristine

kristen said...

fantastic ideas and love the whole concept..i have often thought of taking 'snippets' or details from a painting and turning them into a new piece of art...just have not had the time but you have really inspired me to make the time! thanks for sharing, as always :) kp

Holly Eva Gay said...

its great tracy - cut and paste cut and paste on the computer to create endless possibilities Love it! From one painting you can create so many prints.xxx

Tracy Verdugo said...

Thanks all! I think the cool thing about the inversion of colours is that you can see new possibilities and combinations that might be totally outside the way you normally think...I can also see the possibility for collage elements in these new works...I think I'll spend the school hols working on these...would love to see what you guys come up with too! xo

Carrie Clayden said...

Tracy,
I love your post and can so identify with the yuck-stucks. They can get so bad sometimes I feel like a crazy person, and then just as much can have an ah ha and things are flowin...I appreciate your ideas for cropping etc..I need to take more pictures of finshed work and play with them...can't WAIT to play next Sept here in Cali...I am close to Petaluma...It's on like donkey knog girl...

pokettiger said...

Brilliant! What an absolutely fabulous idea!

Elizabeth GLZ said...

Love the colors and the compositions are amazing! Congratulations for the teachings!

Dana Barbieri said...

HI Tracy. I love this post. Great ideas here. I really love your paintings as is but I do love the possibilities too!
Congrats on the teaching gigs. And thanks for signing into by blog because now I can follow yours!
xo

Diane said...

Oh--this is my kind of art--I LOVE your style!!!

Sparkly Heart Studio said...

I love your colorful artwork and sunny outlook! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Hi Tracy, love your artwork and your colours colours colours!

Thanks for visiting my blog this week, it was wonderful to have you there, even more so as I don't get too many visitors (yet) ... lol!

Congratulations on your teaching gigs .... very very exciting!!! From the energy in your blog, I know you will be a huge success.
Jenn x

Heloise said...

Great colours and I like all the different versions.

Shelley Whiting said...

I love your artwork. It's very lively and magical. I love the bright and vibrant colors.

Selah Gay said...

Thanks for your incredible blog! <3 Selah