Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who needs a hug? ♥



Marco and I are blessed to live across the road from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.....every time we walk along the white sands of Jervis Bay we think about just how lucky we are to be surrounded by such beauty...during the non holiday season a handful of locals greet each other and there is a always a smile and a hello for strangers...during the holidays though we notice a strange phenomenon. Tourists come to visit from the cities, seeking solace in nature, time out from the hustle and bustle. As we walk, we try to catch their eye, offer a smile...mostly they seem more closed, less trusting...we smile at them anyways..it makes the world a better place. A couple of weeks ago I wondered out loud to Marco what it would be like to wear a T-shirt offering free hugs...my sweetheart laughed and said I'd probably get plenty of takers! This week I was surprised and delighted to find that the Free hug movement actually exists and is happening all around the world!! What a beautiful thing! Sending you all a virtual free hug right now! ( ♥♥♥ )
Have a beautiful week!
love Tracy x

14 comments:

Nelbel said...

Thank you Tracey, and hugs to you too!!

Jenny Lee Wentworth said...

Awww, thank you! I really needed a hug♥
Love to you Tracy,
Jenny

Carolyn said...

I got goose bumps watching that! Beautiful

Clare said...

You are lucky to live in such a special place. I come from a place where you always greet people if you walk past them in the streets or at least you look at them and nod. When I went to London I did the same, (naturally that's what we do) - boy did I get some weird looks, I think people thought I was a mad women. I was glad to return home to happy people. We also like hugging in my part of the world - which is a very good thing. Air hug to you!!!

cheryl sweet said...

Love your blog and all your lovely art! You make the world a prettier place to be!

artymess said...

Hugs back to you too ........x

Amanda Findley said...

mmmm this is very nice- I think I will put you in my faves Miss Tracey- then I wont miss a single thing :)

rebeca trevino said...

thanks! i'll take a hug!

Iz said...

fantastic stuff - I remember this from a while ago, but it's great to watch again! Thank you

amy said...

yikes that video made me cry.

in the good way.

Sandra said...

That was so great!! Thanks, Tracy for sharing...I'm glad I wasn't the only one that cried!

Donna Heart said...

tracy I love it - so so true tho about when people come to town. I used to live in Broome where our population would sky rocket from about 12000 to 45 000 during tourist season each year - amazing! We need a hug revolution! I'm gonna re-post this! X Donna

Nancy Melbourn said...

How amazing the human race can be! What special connections we can make with a simple hug. Beautiful.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

Hugs to you for sharing that with us! Makes me feel good about being human, something we all need!
xo!