Thursday, November 17, 2011

Playing in the field of happy accidents .....

“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” –Osho

Morning my beautiful friends! I hope you like the renovation! Its feeling very fresh and clean in here!

Today I want to share a few ponderings on the spirit of play and the willingness to see the beauty in your mistakes.

I've been hanging out with precious munchkins like this for the past 12 years


They teach me as much as I teach them, probably more...



I feel truly blessed to be able to do what I do and I realised today that I teach my adult workshops pretty much in the same way that I teach the kids. Anyone who has ever been to one of my classes will know that my catch cry is that there are no mistakes in art just "happy accidents" or opportunities for creative growth! Try to remember this next time you pick up your brush or pencil :)

Here are some other things I encourage



Making crazy creatures and funny faces!



sending gratitude out into the world...



finding your own unique, individual, amazing strengths...




being proud of your own awesomeness!



exploring, discovering and sharing new ideas!



Being inspired by others to teach and try new things!



being outrageous! Playing with your food!



taking time for quiet reflection....



and joyful leaps!



making art everywhere you go...



and remembering to play..at the beach...



or in the dress up box!



Come play with me!

Click on the Life Book (top right) link to play with me and 15 other amazing teachers online in 2012 or sign up to my blog to keep posted on where I will be teaching in 2012...

so far the confirmed list of my workshops includes Koh Samui, Thailand, Sydney, The Blue Mountains, California, Connecticut, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Hawaii and Mexico.

I would so love you to join me....much LOVE and creative PLAY to you all this week!
Tracy xoxoxox


“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” — Albert Einstein

9 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful, colorful, inspirational. I love it.

x0x0x
Monica

Lucy said...

Kids are full of dreams and imagination.

Susan Lobb Porter said...

Looks like so much fun! Makes me want to do an art camp for grownups.

kristen said...

Your blog reno looks terrific! Xokp

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Loved your post. And wow, to paint like those kids, these big paintings are fantastic!! I really really need to find my inner child again ....

rachel awes said...

amaaaaaaa-ZING!
your magic goes w/you everywhere!
loooooove all that's unleashed...
the kid's art is FreeBeauty!!/
including the hand stand, as you point out! love it all!
oh friend, your foot steps in this life are so precious. XOX

Tracy said...

Loving all the juicy colors, and seeing all the wonderful creations by these young people--very inspiring. And loving the new look here. :o) ((Love & Light))

Anonymous said...

Your munchkins are very talented people! IT'S RUBBING OFF!!!!!!Love their faces and your attituide for them! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful dream! Sanna

Sarah Anderson said...

i misread your blog post and thought you were in the field of happy; after reading the post I think you are! fab studio room, great pics of some fabulous moments