Skip to main content

Permission to play....... Paint Mojo begins! ♥


This time last week I was up to my elbows in paint,ink and pastels, hanging out in a stable with 13 gorgeously brave creative seekers, surrounded by gum trees, horses, kangaroos and cockatoos! Heaven!

In these beautiful surroundings I got to deliver my very first Paint Mojo two day workshop~ the format I will be bringing to the U.S in Sept.

I can't tell you how much I am loving spending an entire weekend teaching and inspiring others to recognise and own their unique creative mojo and in return being taught and inspired by my students in oh so many ways.



Thank you for allowing me into the landscapes of your lives,

your creative space,
into its wonder..... its childhood memories...
its performance anxiety.... its tender, vulnerable beauty....
its limitless possibilities....its critical voice...


Even though I have been teaching for twelve years I'm feeling something very new unfold inside me and it FEELS SO RIGHT ♥



During the weekend we shared our stories, found new inspiration (EVERYWHERE!) created personal symbols (BIG thanks to the uber-talented Jesse Reno) for allowing me to reference his work and share some of his symbols), explored making art with meaning (thank you also to Orly Avineri whose work makes me giddy in a good way), lost ourselves in making marks and found ourselves in making decisions.
I am super grateful to have spent this time with you all ♥




If you'd like to join me for an upcoming workshop either here in Australia or in the U.S and Mexico this Fall keep an eye on this page and send me your email so I can keep you posted!
Big thanks to Dennis,Fiona and Mandy for sharing their Paint Mojo experience on their gorgeous blogs!

This weekend I've taken some time to smell the roses outside my studio...literally!

and to focus on my own play and exploration, building layers on unfinished pieces, allowing paintings to unfold and tell me their stories while I tell them mine ♥
Wishing you all a wondrous week...lots of love!
Tracy ♥♥♥





Comments

Unknown said…
You've been having a very good time there! Great works!
ooh they are all SO JUICY! are you coming anywhere near the UK? xx
Connie said…
All I can say is WOW!!! It looks like you taught a very fun class and that everyone there had a great time finding their creativity. What a blessing for them and for you. Connie :)
Dion Dior said…
The entire weekend sounded perfect. Wish I could have made it. Hugs xx
Kathy nesi said…
This is so great! I LOVE how each piece is different and personal! Can't wait to meet you tracy, atbart is! I'll have a front row seat!!!! <3
rachel awes said…
such gorgeous fun!!!
you are so inspiring, dear.
xox
Jo Murray said…
Your workshops look like FUN! You are certainly getting great results from the participants.
Louise Gale said…
hello gorgeous girl, how wonderful! So excited for all your upcoming adventures and sending inspiration out into our world. Love you. Xx
Tracy Verdugo said…
Thanks for dropping by and sharing some love everyone. I'm planning a teaching trip to Europe and the UK in 2015 after our youngest graduates high school. So far the itinerary looks like ngland, Wales, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Iceland. We'll be travelling for about 6 months so let me know if you'd like to host a workshop! :)
Julie said…
Sounds amazing ... where in the U.S. will you be? My birthday is in September, this could be a great present to myself! :) Love your work, amazing!
Unknown said…
Whoa! All these beautiful abstract art!
Lovely post that made me happy and teary too. Love u ... Sal
Anonymous said…
Ahhh, this is exciting, Tracy. So looking forward to Paint Mojo Texas style.