Sign up to my Newsletter!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

a painting just for you :)




I don't think I've mentioned here just how much I love to paint commissioned works! There is something very magical for me in being able to take a glimpse inside someones life and then come up with a creation especially for them.....its like a shared collaborative work......where we put our heads together and talk about the colours that excite them and the meaning they would like their painting to convey. 

This painting "Love Lives Here" was created for a very special client I now call friend, who, after the devastating loss of her husband at a young age, wanted me to paint something that would make the whole family happy when they saw it each day. 

Her resilient spirit, beautiful gentle nature, strength, and fierce love for her kids inspired me while I painted......



I feel so grateful to have found my passion and to share it with others...

love does indeed live here, 
and there
and everywhere


i wrote a little more on the topic of love over here this week at Louise Gale's beautiful site Your Heart Makes a Difference

amor y paz!
Tracy xoxox 

8 comments:

Cynthia Eloise said...

love it, i think you succeeded in filling her request. very bright and cheery.

Shelly Penko said...

How much happiness must they feel each time they look at that piece! It looks exactly like the title. What a blessing. ♥

Janelle said...

This is a beautiful painting done for a wonderful reason. Your style is amazing and I really enjoy seeing your art and feeling inspired.

Introverted Art said...

Tracy, this is amazing.

scrapwordsmom said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! This painting is STUNNING! Makes me happy to see it. I know they must love it every single time they see it!!!!

Leslie

Lucy Chen said...

It is a very beautiful painting, Tracy! I love the bright colours and the positive energy of it, as always, with your art.

Alison Mackay said...

Such a gorgeous painting. It warmed my heart what you wrote about it too.

Donna, Doni, Lady D said...

Such beauty and such depth of feeling. I know they will love it more and more with the passing of time. It's a painting they will never tire of. Absolutely gorgeous. Donna