Skip to main content

Happiness is....

I've been watching so many "no make Up" pics online to promote cancer awareness and it made me think a lot about perceptions of beauty and the first time I put on make up and how it made me feel so much more beautiful at 16.....truly as if I was suddenly a supermodel and not just an average Aussie girl. I am both philosophical and outraged by the fact that it has taken me nearly fifty years to be ok with my "natural" face... All my stuff...as mi amor has always loved me "au naturel" I only hope that our girls have been with me on this journey of self discovery and self worth.....Got a pretty good feeling they're on top of it❤️️


Comments

Robin said…
GREAT POST and BEAUTIFUL YOU! I am 52 and have rarely used make-up most of my life. Both of my grown boys have picked girls who also use none to very little make-up. They both think make-up is fake and ugly. I think it's great my sons and great young woman out there are not into changing the outside of themselves!
Robin said…
Forgot to say that I am not wearing any make-up in my photo here either!
You look perfect natural and it's the smile you wear that is the best make-up of all. You always look happy and it's more powerful than anything you could put on over it.

I don't wear makeup either. Once in a while on a special night out I may put on some eye liner and my kids always say I look really different or they think I've really dressed up. Isn't that kind of funny?

I pre-ordered your book! Is it July yet?
Unknown said…
Eyebrows, lipstick and a good hair day are good enough for me and the boy-man I hang my bandana with. You're positively glowing. As a breast cancer survivor, you quickly lose modesty as you hang on to hope.