Skip to main content

Hellooooooo nature!!


On Saturday mi amor walks by me as I sit at my usual spot in front of the computer, 
working on a hundred things at once, 
and says........

"No work tomorrow ok? Lets go for a picnic somewhere. 
I cant believe you've never been to Steamers Beach...."

a slight sense of anxiety passes over me....I have become accustomed to filling my days with work, 
grateful that I have the luxury of doing the things I love and calling it work, 
frenetic about all the possibilities and all I want to put out into the world.....
 I have forgotten what it is to actually take a whole day off
and then.... a sense of relief washes over me.....

Yes, I say. That would be wonderful!

8 kms later....
a day of breathing in the beauty,
 the simplest of picnics on the most gorgeous of beaches....
 and I am feeling totally replenished.

I want every Sunday to be a new adventure!
Hold me to it ok?



Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  ~Kahlil Gibran

 “Today I have grown taller from walking with the trees.”
— Karle Wilson Baker


 “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
— Henry David Thoreau


“Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.”
— Terry Tempest Williams

 There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
~George Gordon, Lord Byron

 Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

 I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.  ~Henry David Thoreau

 “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson


I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.  ~e.e. cummings

It isn't hard to be inspired....



Tracy Verdugo. 2014. Nature Speaks. Acrylic on book page. 12x17cm(unframed) 28x23cm(matted and framed) Available for purchase.

So grateful for this little adventure and also for an opportunity to pay it forward below...first five people who comment on my post today will receive a piece of art from me some time in 2014!

i saw this on Irenes blog and decided to join in the fun!  How about you?

* Pay It Forward Art-making Project for 2014 *

I promise to make a small work of art for the first five people who comment on this post and say "YES, I want in". A 'like' alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment about thinking Pay It Forward is a great idea.

You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first five who comment on your status.

The rules are simple:
– It has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
– It can be anything art-based: a drawing/illustration or a conceptual work of art, a photograph, a knitted item, cross-stitch, paper maché – or anything in between.

I'm paying this forward thanks to Irene Rafael 
 Yes, you can be on each other's pay it forward lists.


First five, GO!
ps I've decided to learn to play the ukelele
I might even sing you a song some time soon! 
Love to all! 
Ciao for now bellas ♥
Tracy xoxox

Comments

Christine said…
I would love a piece of your artwork! I admire it so much.
Alitia said…
Very beautiful. Good for the soul. xx
Donna said…
We're very lucky to have such Beauty around us Tracy
I'm in :)
Birgit Kerr said…
Oh, so gorgeous! Thank you for the beautiful journey in imagery (and oh so vibrant color) and word!
Mary McClure said…
Beautiful colours - how could you not be inspired!!
debbleberrypie said…
This is a lovely post and resonates with my having just spent some time by the beach and written in my journal a response to the prompt "what is your recipe for happiness" ? Some of my ingredients were: the quiet sounds of nature, the feel of the wind or sun and a distant horizon. I'm happy to be number 6 in the comments too - much as I would love to have a piece of your art, I have made this type of pay it forward commitment earlier this year and am still in the process of honouring that and honestly can't commit to more!
Unknown said…
Great post, beautiful photos, thanks for taking us along with you. Looks like I missed being in the first five but wanted you to know how much I like your work!
anab said…
wow! this is a really fun way of giving. i will make this a project too for this year :) thank you Tracy! <3 <3 <3
Beth said…
I would LOVE a piece of your art. I will even try to play my husbands hermomnica too if I get so lucky. By the way DH says ee cummings I thank you god for most this amazing day…. as our family dinner prayer nightly.
Thanks for the fun.
Beth said…
I almost forgot! YES,I want in!
Theresa Plas said…
How beautiful Tracy! Why not go every day?
Victoria said…
Beautiful beach, I'm in!
Unknown said…
Tracey,
Thank you for sharing your walk to the beach with me this morning. Nature has a most wonderful manner in which she inspires - your photos appear to do her justice and I can only imagine the beauty in person! Wishing you an incredibly balanced week!
Susan
juliaD said…
Lovely post Tracy!!!
So weird, I have always wanted to learn to play the Ukelele, even just buying one was a dream of mine just so I could have one, but have never got around to it! I just loved the concerts I saw a couple of years ago on TV too, about the different and amazing music being played on them these days. So last week I went and bought one!!, a little cheap one, but hey, isn't it strange that here you are too, going the same way..So now I'm busy watching free YouTube lessons for absolute beginners.Lots of fun...xx
Mel said…
Very excited as I have not done this before. Want people to enjoy the abundance life offers on their own doorstep. The blossom, my son revising, my walk to my friend's for coffee. Love life love art.
Mel
Rosie Grey said…
Sigh… too late as I can see myself ;-) But I love your photos of your wonderful excursion! Can't wait to hear next week about your Sunday ;-)
Have a great week!
these photos are so beautiful, and so are each and every one of these quotes. So glad you got a day just to enjoy nature and breathe!
Mary schweitzer said…
What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing!
Jen said…
So beautiful Tracy!
Happy weekend to you :)
xo
Jen
Unknown said…
I am well and truly out of the first five but had to comment on your art and your post. Thank you for sharing with us the beauty of the day and the beauty of the nature that surrounded you, combined with the beauty of your soul was amazing but to be able to share what you saw and felt on paper or canvas is truly amazing.
Gail
Unknown said…
Beautiful photos, wonderful words, and a great piece of art. I am following your blog through my Word Press Reader.
Jan said…
funny how things happen. This morning I was looking at Interweave Press hurt book sale and there was your not yet out book. I had to look closer and then looked on amazon for it, that was when i realized it isn't quite out yet. Then I thought your name was familiar and maybe one of the 21 secrets tutors and sure enough, there you were in last years teacher list. so I had to take my first look at your blog and here I am. All that is prelude to telling you how much I admire your painting style and am very much enjoying viewing your blog. I'll surely have to purchase your book. Now I see the article in Somerset apprentice too and maybe I'll just try it today. I'm also loving the poetry bits you share but noticed an incorrect quote from eecummings. I know, I'm being pedantic here but it is "I thank you God for MOST this" not THIS most. You probably know that and just miswrote. that caught my eye because I memorized that poem this spring and it was rather difficult to make sure I said most this and not this most. Okay, enough of my idiotic rambling. I'm doing my own Pay it Forward, it is so fun to surprise people in a good way. Thanks for all your generous sharing, I look forward to seeing your book.
Unknown said…
How awesome I wish I looked earlier for a chance , the class looks so awesome
Williams said…
Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information about cps test

Angelika said…
I can't stop thanking Dr Ekpen for helping me to get my ex back, with Dr Ekpen spell you can get your ex back no matter how long the separation as been. Contact Dr Ekpen today on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) to help you get your ex back.