Skip to main content

Free as a bird



Hola my little petunias!

Yes its Spring here in Australia♥

Glorious wonderful Spring
the time when I get a little goofy and say things like
"Hola my little petunias!"

the time when I get my hands in the dirt
and plant some little seedlings 
to provide us with summer salads

the time when the beautiful Koels fly
all the way from New Guinea to live in our
backyard a while
and wait for the mulberries to ripen


a time for throwing open doors 
and stepping out onto the balcony barefoot
to greet the morning sun


a time to stroll around the garden and revel in the 
profusion of daisies and nasturtiums tumbling down the fence
self seeded, just doing their own thing
year after year...


a time for completion, like this massive buffalo commission
 I have been working on for more than a year
finally finished 
I have fallen in love with it ♥
but soon it will be on its way to Florida
to live with my beautiful Aunt Robbie
luckily I will get to visit them both next year :)


a time for new beginnings like my very first Paint Mojo Ecourse
where I am already blown away 
in week one with all of the wonder
that is emerging from my amazing students!
I chose these beautiful images at random from the hundreds already posted in week one.

Such fun we are having with poems and monoprints, 
finding possibility in our palettes even, and making marks on our big, big canvases!
learning together this week to be 
free as a bird




If you would like to be a part of such wondrous happenings you can still register here.

Paint Mojo the ecourse runs for 6 weeks but content is up for 6 months after that.

Plenty of time to play!

ciao for now :)

off to frolic in the Springness!
oodles of love your way
Tracy xox

ps I know that its Autumn for a lot of you in other parts and of course that has its beauty to...
but I love, love. love Spring!
just had to share that and this lovely poem below....

“sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love

(all the merry little birds are
flying in the floating in the
very spirits singing in
are winging in the blossoming)

lovers go and lovers come
awandering awondering
but any two are perfectly
alone there's nobody else alive

(such a sky and such a sun
i never knew and neither did you
and everybody never breathed
quite so many kinds of yes)

not a tree can count his leaves
each herself by opening
but shining who by thousands mean
only one amazing thing

(secretly adoring shyly
tiny winging darting floating
merry in the blossoming
always joyful selves are singing)

sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love”


~E.E Cummings





Comments